After consulting with learners, parents and staff about what is important in our school, we have chosen three key words that we believe will support us to make a positive difference to our learners.
Aspire, believe, achieve
It is important that all our learners aspire to be the best they can be, to set high goals for themselves and to work hard to reach these. Our role, as staff and parents, is to encourage and support all learners to aspire to great things in their lives – both what they can do now and what they will do in the future.
Our learners need to have faith in themselves and believe that they can achieve what they set out to do. They need supported to develop a positive mind set for this; to overcome the challenges on route. We endeavour to encourage all learners to be confident in their abilities and work together to achieve their best.
Every learner can achieve. We are determined to empower our learners to achieve the very best they can. We do this by providing excellent teaching, high quality resources and carefully planned learning opportunities. By working together we do whatever it takes to help ensure every learner succeeds each and every day.
Our vision at Newtongrange Primary School is underpinned by our set of core values:
Kind Fair Hardworking
Confident Respectful Responsible
Our school aims are to:
- Value every child as an individual.
- Provide excellent learning and teaching experiences, which allows all learners to develop the knowledge and skills relevant to their individual needs.
- Provide an exciting, creative and challenging curriculum that is broad and balanced.
- Create a learning community, where everyone works together in a supportive environment of mutual care, respect and consideration for each other.
- Promote our learner’s health and wellbeing, encouraging self-esteem and a respect for diversity and fairness in life.
- Involve parents and carers in the work of the school and keep them fully informed of their children’s progress, valuing their contributions and support.
- Develop links with the wider community to enable the school to play a full and active role in the community which it serves.
- Manage the school resources efficiently and effectively to maintain high standards and meet the needs of the school’s continuous improvement.
- Establish learning as a life-long experience accessible to everyone involved with the school.